This is the beginning of your journey through the world of vectors with Weaviate. This unit will provide you with an overview of the fundamentals of Weaviate.
You'll first gain an understanding of what Weaviate is, and what it can do. You will then learn about what vector database and vector search are before going on to run Weaviate and perform vector searches yourself.
By the end of this unit, you will have a strong foundation of knowledge that will help you to effectively navigate the rest of the course, and for using Weaviate in your own projects.
What are these?
- Learning Goals describe the unit's key topics and ideas.
- Learning Outcomes on the other hand describe tangible skills that the learner should be able to demonstrate
Here, we will cover:Learning Goals
- What Weaviate is, and what it does.
- How to create your own Weaviate instance on WCS.
- Weaviate clients and how to install them.
- Hands-on experience with Weaviate.
By the time you are finished, you will be able to:Learning Outcomes
- Broadly describe what Weaviate is.
- Outline what vector search is.
- Create a Weaviate instance on WCS.
- Install your preferred Weaviate client.
- Describe some of Weaviate's capabilities.