In this unit, we aimed to provide you with an overview of Weaviate.
We did this by covering what Weaviate is, and what it can do, before discussing what vector database and vector search are before going on to run Weaviate and perform vector searches yourself.
Now, you should have a foundation of knowledge from which we can begin to learn more about Weaviate, including more details on how to build a database and perform queries. Before long, you will be creating your own projects using Weaviate.
Having finished this unit, you should be able to:
- Broadly describe what Weaviate is.
- Outline what vector search is.
- Create a Weaviate instance on WCS.
- Install your preferred Weaviate client (Python for Weaviate Academy).
- Describe some of Weaviate's capabilities.