You can add your own vectorizer or other module to your Weaviate instance! This page contains information for custom modules, but support to add them to Weaviate will be added soon. Stay tuned!
Modules can be “vectorizers” (defines how the numbers in the vectors are chosen from the data) or other modules providing additional functions like question answering, custom classification, etc. Modules have the following characteristics:
- Naming convention:
<media>2vec-<name>-<optional>, for example
- Other modules:
- A module name must be url-safe, meaning it must not contain any characters which would require url-encoding.
- A module name is not case-sensitive.
text2vec-bertwould be the same module as
- Module information is accessible through the
- General module information (which modules are attached, version, etc.) is accessible through Weaviate’s
- Modules can add
additionalproperties in the RESTful API and
_additionalproperties in the GraphQL API.
- A module can add filters in GraphQL queries.
- Which vectorizer and other modules are applied to which data classes is configured in the schema.
- The length of the vectors your vectorizer has influences later usage, for example if you’re exploring your data by vector with the GraphQL explore filter, the length of this vector should match with the vector length of the data points.
If you can’t find the answer to your question here, please look at the: