This section shows you how to configure Weaviate to suit your specific needs.
For example, you can read about how to:
- Extend Weaviate's functionality by adding modules, including vectorizers
- Configure how Weaviate stores and indexes data through its the schema, data type and distance metric
- Manage performance vs. cost tradeoffs by its vector index properties
- Back up your Weaviate instance
- Control access through authentication and authorization
- Monitor your Weaviate instance
You do not need to read this section linearly. But we do recommend that you browse through this section so that you are aware of the available main customization options, including features that will help you to take it into production.